Murgitroyd is one of the largest intellectual property firms in Europe and a global provider of IP services. Founded in Glasgow 40 years, the firm has 13 offices across Europe, including at Corinthian House in Croydon.
Corinthian House is a landmark 1960s office building in central Croydon, designed by Richard Seifert, who also designed Centrepoint, Tower 42 and No.1 Croydon. Murgitroyd has been a long-time client of IRS, occupying the 7th floor of Corinthian House.
Cat A refurbished suite
When Murgitroyd decided to move into a newly Cat A refurbished suite on the 8th floor of the same building, they asked IRS (Installation and Refurbishment Solutions) to undertake initial space planning with a view to completing the fit-out work and relocating them to the new floor.
A Cat A fit out is a basic landlord fit out, with all the mechanical and electrical services, suspended ceilings, painted perimeter walls, etc. It’s comparable to a blank canvas for the firm to add their space and design requirements to create an environment that’s just right for them.
Delivering the project on time
After much preliminary work and discussion with the landlord, the project was given the go ahead in the last week before Christmas 2017, with the company move date as the beginning of February 2018.
The good news was that, by ordering the materials in advance, contractors were able to work over the holiday period and give us a good head start for the New Year allowing us to stay on target.
The bad news was that the landlord intended to install new lifts in 2018, so all materials had to be carried up to the 8th floor by hand!
The final scope of works for IRS included
- Decorate in corporate colours
- Install glazed partitioned offices with soundproofed adjoining walls for each of the lawyers
- Adapt the existing Daikin air conditioning system to accommodate individual cassettes for each of the new offices
- Install a new Cat 6 cable infrastructure terminated in to a new comms rack
- Reconfigure the existing lighting and install additional emergency lighting as required
- Install new entry and alarm system
- Undertake building control process
- Relocate the client from the old offices on the 7th floor to their new ones on the 8th
Client satisfaction with IRS
The client and landlord were so pleased with our work that we have been recommended to clients on the other floors in Corinthian House and have recently completed a project on the 6th floor.